Our mission is to provide clothing to those in need and to provide a local donation facility for our community.
Lydia’s Loft opened it’s doors on Feb 10, 2004. We provide clothing to those in need, free of charge. Our residents reside primarily in Northern Mecklenburg and Southern Iredell counties, however, our doors are open to all.
Lydia’s Loft is the perfect recycling center for residents who wish to donate their unneeded clothing items. There are many in our community who are unable to purchase what is needed for themselves and their families. Here at Lydia’s, we put the two together and everyone benefits!
Lydia’s Loft will be closed for the following holidays:
Nov. 22 – 26
Dec. 22 – Jan 1
Please note WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING DONATIONS DURING HOLIDAY CLOSURES in order to give our hard working volunteers much needed time with their families during the holidays. Thank you for your support.
“Be a star in someone’s dark sky”
For Our Clients
- In order to visit Lydia’s Loft, clients must obtain a referral requesting assistance.
- A referral may be obtained from one of our ministry partners, any public service organization, any church pastor, or guidance counselor or social worker from a child’s school, etc.
- ALL referrals must be submitted through the on-line referral system.
Effective January 15, 2024 paper referrals will no longer be accepted.
- A referral is valid for 30 days rom the date of issue.
- A photo ID and a referral are required for clients to shop at Lydia’s Loft.
- Clients may shop every 60 days.
- A new referral is required for every visit.
- Lydia’s Loft is always looking for volunteers to assist on a regular basis. We are looking for volunteers to assist with sorting, stocking the house, stocking the garage, hauling bags/boxes, and heavy lifting.
- Lydia’s Loft welcomes any school groups looking to complete community service hours. There must be an adult from the organization present to supervise anyone under the age of 16.
- Lydia’s Loft welcomes any church group, corporate organization, or community group looking to complete special work days or special volunteer opportunities.
- Lydia’s Loft welcomes individuals needing to complete court-ordered community service hours.
- Visit our Contact Us page to inquire about any volunteer and service hour opportunities.
“The volunteers at Lydia’s Loft are dedicated and compassionate in their work to serve others in the community. We have a great team of volunteers and a generous community. It’s what keeps our doors open”
– Darlene O’Toole, 18 year Lydia’s Volunteer